Anyhow...as we're here.
This was a total #YouTubeMadeMeBuyIt purchase. Eshani raved about these and from her description I figured it was something I would like to try.
The more liquid lipsticks I test the more I realise that I prefer comfort to longevity. Yeah yeah; it sounds real good in theory to never have to reapply your lipstick but if looking like I eat some bad food is the trade off it ain't worth it bih.
These seemed very similar to the ones from Pretty Zombie Cosmetics. Even the product packaging; difference being these have gold caps whereas Pretty Zombie uses silver caps. Lonely Planet did one better though and gave us exterior box packaging.
![]() |
| Lonely Planet Cosmetics haul |
![]() |
| L - R: 'Strange Obsession', 'Untouchable' and 'Brick City' |
The ingredients as stated on the box are: Isododecane, Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Kaolin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Mica, Silica, DL-alpha Tocopherol, Glycerin, Flavor. (May Contain [+/-]: Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 27 Lake CI 45410, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Blue 1 CI 4209).
The addition of clay in the Lonely Planet formula explains why they 'dry down' more matte than the Pretty Zombie Cosmetics ones. In my opinion, this is an excellent blend of comfort and longevity. Keeping in mind that these wouldn't be totally budge-proof like the ones from L.A. Splash.
The applicator is a typical doe-foot and is consistent amongst the three products I have tried. 'Brick City' is the stand out shade to me. 'Strange Obsession' looked strange 😉 indoors but that pic there in direct sunlight ain't look too shabby. If I do say so myself.
The best part about these mousse-like formulas is that it's easy to touch up with the product if some wears away.
![]() |
| Wear test - 'Untouchable' after reapplication |
![]() |
| Wear test - 'Brick City' after reapplication |
It's a shame this company is no longer around. But alas...they're still plenty of liquid lipsticks on the market to choose from.
***update May 9, 2017***
The company is now called Atomic Makeup NYC.





0 Yorumlar