
My horror story, “Chimes,” has just been released from Damnation Books. It’s an ebook, and right now it’s cheap. Damnation Books actually releases works at lower than the cover price and lets that price rise gradually until it reaches the full amount. It’s good to get in early then. If you’re interested, the link is at Chimes. I’d appreciate it if you’d check it out, at least.
I also have a question concerning the story. I’d like to get some reviews of it. What if I ran a kind of contest? Say I entered everyone who reviewed the story and informed me of that review into a drawing. The winner would get their choice of a copy of any one of my books they might want. Does this sound too much like a bribe? Or is it a creative way of encouraging and rewarding reviews?
There often seems to be a fine line between self-promotion and prostituting oneself. Every artist needs to self-promote, but I always feel uncomfortable when self-promotion crosses the line. The problem is, where exactly is that line? I’m never very sure.
-----
-----

0 Yorumlar