![]() |
| Remember the name, guys and gals! You'll have a party in your tummy in no time. :) |
(last edited on March 18, 2015)
At last, Angono peeps (and peeps of nearby towns), especially those who have a particular sweet tooth, can satisfy their sugary hankerings beyond the Goldilocks' and Red Ribbons. A new little cafe made a big splash just last August 18 -- Kim Is Hungry Cakes + Cafe. Since trained and professional chef/homebaker/owner Kim Gonzales made the announcement of the new cafe just last month, many of her loyal base customers (and potential new ones) had been eagerly waiting for it.
At last, Angono peeps (and peeps of nearby towns), especially those who have a particular sweet tooth, can satisfy their sugary hankerings beyond the Goldilocks' and Red Ribbons. A new little cafe made a big splash just last August 18 -- Kim Is Hungry Cakes + Cafe. Since trained and professional chef/homebaker/owner Kim Gonzales made the announcement of the new cafe just last month, many of her loyal base customers (and potential new ones) had been eagerly waiting for it.
And at last too, after busy workweeks and sleepless mornights, I'm now free to give a (hopefully) well-thought-out post about the new cafe in town.
It came as a right smack around the same day when I made my first order to Kim Is Hungry Cakes. I didn't know yet that she was planning to open her own bakery and cafe when I ordered the available cookie cups I just saw from my Instagram feed. When I finally posted my thoughts, nalaman ko na that her new cafe was indeed in the works. Sure, I was looking really forward for it too, as a first time customer who enjoyed her delectable cookie cups. And oh, how could I forget Ms. Kim's dense and yummy blueberry cheesecake that I had once eaten at Inangbina's?
Before, you really had to go to the malls and a few restaurants and specialty bakeries in the Metro just to have a taste of the red velvet cakes and cupcakes, blueberry cheesecakes, and artisan cakes that you can't normally find in any small town -- or so I (mistakenly) thought. We are a happy and lucky bunch to have Kim Is Hungry here in Angono (as if taga-Angono ako haha, but we live very close to Angono anyway kaya jan rin kami namamalengke). My Facebook friend told me (in actual text): "Buti p jn meron ganyan..dto wala..you need to go mall para makabili ng ganyan..hehe.."
Walk in to Kim Is Hungry's really cute and girly cafe, whose interior colors look as sweet as Ms. Kim's creations would taste (and Ms. Kim herself hehehe). I just managed to produce a few pics here (I couldn't dare to take more pics around the cafe because I was a bit daunted, I didn't know why, but I would try next time). I had to change my blog's theme to support the bigger pictures.
![]() |
| So cute! Ms. Kim made the wall art herself. :) |
![]() |
| My favorite Baked Mac wasn't available when I came back, but this Creamy Beef Pesto was yummy as well! Fresh, hot and delicious, and definitely different to your usual dine-in pasta. |
![]() |
| Rocky Road cupcake --tastes like the real thing. Moist and really chocolate-y. A perfect ending to any meal (like my Creamy Beef Pesto) |
I also take note at the dinnerware, which me and my sister also noticed the first time we ate there. Ang cute! In keeping with the cafe's girly theme, the dinnerware and the painted cups looked really cute and dainty, and they and came in various designs and colors. And it also feels that you're dining at home using real plates, cups and drinking glasses.
This little joint should not need worry about bigger players, because Ms. Kim already has her strong customer base which will continue to grow. Besides she makes all these cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other sweet creations by herself, so you can be sure of the quality and the taste of what the cafe offers -- kaya binabalik-balikan. And they look pretty too. I only wish more success with this cafe which will not only offer good food but also a place for good memories for friends and families and well.
Cupcakes' prices range from P35-P45; mini-cakes at P15; Oreo cheesecake cookes at P20 each; a slice of blueberry cheesecake at P100; a slice of chocolate yema cake at P65; and meals at P99 (with free drink). I hope my memory serves me right hehehe, and I'm sure there will be more flavors to come. The cafe also has both hot and cold beverages.
All of the treats are yummy, but my particular favorites are the cookie cups (small ones are priced P12 and big ones cost P40 each I believe) salted caramel cupcakes, and Oreo cheesecake cookies. Hoping for many new treats from the cafe to come. :)
Drop by at Kim Is Hungry Cakes + Cafe in this address:
2nd Floor Paulina Bldg.
M. Diaz cor. A. Ibanez Street,
Brgy. Sto. Nino
Angono, Rizal
The cafe is open Tuesday to Saturday at 11am-8pm and Sunday at 11am-7pm (closed on Monday).
Check out and follow Kim is Hungry Cakes + Cafe via its Facebook page, and Instagram (username: @kimishungry_cakes)
Updated:
Here are my newest pics of Kim Is Hungry's goodies:
![]() |
| One of Kim Is Hungry's most popular and best-selling cakes, the Choco Yema Cake. P65 per slice (as of this writing). Perhaps I will order a whole of this on my birthday. |
![]() |
| Chunky dark chocolate chip cookies with walnuts! One of my favorites too. |
![]() |
| Triple Chocolate Chip cookies (if I got that right) with cashew nuts. Yum! |
![]() | ||||
| Mocha cookie crumble. I actually ate that before (I never took a pic of that, however) But now it's prettier than before. But with the same yummy flavor. Mmmmm!
|
![]() |
| The Banana Nutella Cake I had reserved for our New Year's Eve celebration, 2014. I found out that I was the only one who ordered this kind of cake when I came to the cafe to pick it up; the rest of the reserved cakes consisted mostly of blueberry cheesecake, oreo cheesecake and choco yema cake, I presumed. |
![]() |
| A chocolate chip-cookie lover's dreams coming true: A chocolate-chip cookie cake! P50 per slice. Oh dear, this is heaven! |
![]() |
| Their Green Tea Frappe is miles better than the one I tried at Bon Appetea Laguna Central many months ago. No green tea powder or dredges, quite smooth to drink, and having the right amount of sweetness. This is my most favorite frappe from the cafe so far! :) |
![]() |
| This has got to be my most favorite cheesecake, the Ferrero Nutella Cheesecake |
![]() |
| Smores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake -- when you order it Kim will oven-toast a slice so that the marshmallows will melt and gloriously go brown. |
![]() |
| Red Velvet Cake -- sweet and light. And really pretty. :) |
Anyway, here's a video I uploaded into my YouTube account, with the help of Stupeflix app. One of my favorite songs from an indie act Tan Sleeve is "Butter and Sugar." I uploaded my own photos there, including those of Kim Is Hungry's sweets. Enjoy my "sweet" video. :D








.jpg)






















0 Yorumlar