Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'East' from AlanD: Retreat from Moscow


As far as I'm concerned, the modest range of retreat from Moscow French produced by the Perry twins are among the most beautiful and evocative miniatures available. Put them together with the perfectly compatible range of Poles from Murawski Miniatures, and it is now possible to make a sizeable force for the retreat of 1812. In the last couple of challenges I have painted up some infantry, but the combination of Sharp Practice 2 and the East Bonus round has inspired me to make a conerted push on the figures I have left.



The twelve cavalry here belong to three groups. The first are Hessian Chevau-Leger, some who have lost their impressive hemets, engaged in a desperate charge.






Then there is a group of French Chasseurs à Cheval. The Hessians and French are from the same set, which comes with a range of head options.



The final roup of three horsemen are skirmishers - a hussar, a cuirassier, and what I assume to be a lancer from the Vistula legion. His czapka is missing the distinctive plate on the front though - has it just fallen off in the retreat, or have I mis-identified the trooper?





With these figures I think I have finally come up with some decent snow basing. I'm always intimidated trying to do snow with all you Canadians looking on, and especially Curt 'Snow Lord' himself. For these bases, I mixed Woodland Scenics snow with PVA and a little water, added a little white paint and the merest whiff of blue ink. Somebody have a glance out your window and let me know whether it looks realistic.

The weather here has been stifling hot, so I had the strange experience of painting these cold looking figures while sweat was running down my face and threatening to drip on them.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar