Last night Gill and I completed our Starlight walk. At an hour that was way past my usual bedtime (even for a Saturday night) we ventured out onto the unlit streets of Letchworth Garden City along with about 400 other women.
Armed with water, bags of sweets and torches we chatted and laughed our way around the ten mile route. I managed to keep up with Gill all the way even though she has got much longer legs than me! We were guided on our way by a fabulous team of male volunteers who stood and marshalled all evening (including my lovely husband) - a huge thank you to all of them. There were the inevitable few Saturday night drunks but no one offensive... and we forgave the one chap who told us to hurry up because he did address us as girls. We weren't the oldest doing the walk but we were certainly in the older age range!
Despite that we were among the first group back to the leisure centre for a welcome cuppa and Danish pastry... at about 2.30 am. It never tasted so good!
A huge thank you to everyone who has sponsored us. I've managed to raise over £1100 for the Garden House Hospice which far exceded my target of £250. I really am grateful for every single penny. And my Just Giving page stays open until December should you still fancy making a donation.
Thank you too for all your kind messages. It has been quite a summer one way or another but I'm hoping normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

0 Yorumlar