Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,
On this day in 2009, I wrote my first blog post. During these eight years, my blog has had 980,451 page views. Most of the viewers are in the U.S., but those of you in the U.K. and Canada have hung in there with me, too. (I ignore views from Russia because Willy Dunne Wooters assures me that those are spambot.)
My blog has changed a lot over the years. I'm not the bitter person who signed her early posts with the pseudonym Dumped First Wife. I'm also not the giddy, post-divorce woman who used the name Lola. Now I'm just me, Janie Junebug.
My dog situation has changed, too. I moved to Florida in 2009 with four dogs. One of the four returned to Illinois very quickly because she seemed to be allergic to Florida. The other three have passed away. I'm grateful that Franklin and Penelope are here to take care of me, and very grateful that they write their own blog posts.
Sometimes I love blogging. I certainly enjoy the many people I meet. In the early days, blogging was my therapy. I still enjoy blogging, but I can't say I have the fervent desire to write the almost-daily posts that I once had.
I haven't even scolded you much about grammar lately. I've covered a lot of grammatical ground. People who write "should of" instead of "should have" are going to continue to do so in spite of my protests.
I've made my share of mistakes, too, and I don't mean typos only. I've been rude to some visitors to my blog and hurt some feelings with comments I made.
One problem that can't be erased is that I associated the name of a great blogger with the topic of see-through yoga pants. My most popular post ever is Rick Watson & The Sheer Yoga Pants, viewed by 30,346 seekers. I never intended to link Rick, a real sweetheart who blogs at Life 101, for all eternity with those unattractive yoga pants. It simply happened that the first part of the post was about Rick and the second part was about sheer yoga pants.
I've also doomed myself to seeing these search terms turn up in my stats on a regular basis: big ass in yoga pants, big butts in yoga pants, sheer yoga pants, big ass women, and so on and so forth.
In honor of the popularity of sheer yoga pants, however, I'll say farewell to 2017 with this view:
Happy New Year! See you in 2018.
Infinities of love,
Janie Junebug

0 Yorumlar