Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Feasting And Running.




The twelve days of Christmas are finally reaching a close. Lovely as they've been; I'm exhausted and ready for a holiday.  Final big meal last night for 10. 
Remind me next year not to clean before Christmas. One of my must dos, you might remember, was clean the oven. Dutifully I set too and caused a major crisis just before the holiday. Glass front of main oven detached itself with all my vigour. Fortunately it was caught before smashing. I was all up for a new oven ( who wouldn't be ). But my ever resourceful better half bought some oven proof glue and stuck the door back on. Throughout the festivities I've been waiting for it to drop off again, but so far so good.

I've reached the stage of yearning for fresh salads and minimalistic fare. Crunch came on New Year's Eve after just making an ultra calorific tiramisu cake. Exercise just had to happen.
Walking is my thing however some months ago I had downloaded the couch to 5k app on my phone. I'm going to blame CT for what happened next. Yes, I've started the program and hopefully will complete week one today. Not too sure if it works with knock kneed ladies but here goes.

Donning my not so great trainers, I headed for the sports field just behind our house. Nice and large and flat. Also grassy. At 61 my knees are a major consideration so no pounding pavements for me. First two sessions completed without too much stress. No doubt I will soon be saying the opposite once the pace picks up. Also worried once the schools go back on Thursday. Old lady huffing and puffing round field to an audience of adolescent teenagers; daunting prospect. Will have to pick my times carefully.

The teachers in the family are now praying for snow. A normal occurrence at this time of year. Nothing like a snow day in the middle of January. I swear you can hear the whoop of delight when the closure announcement is made.

Meanwhile a little light housework this morning followed by nibbling on the left overs. A rather hefty slice of walnut cake possibly after my third run of week one. Followed by some therapeutic knitting. How are you coping with the new year, is life treating you well?

Barbara xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar