Good Evening, my dears..
How is your weekend going?
Just a wee posting to share my day with you..
Our youngest son called and said they would like to come out tonight to celebrate my birthday as he would be working next week..
It was great as I had a turkey in cooking..
They were on sale yesterday and we thought it would be nice to cook one and have some leftovers for the next bit as it is such a busy time and I don't think we really get tired of turkey..
Anyway..
Out they all came..
Loaded with presents and birthday cake..
A lovely plant and picture for my big day..
I had made a couple of loaves of bread when I knew they were coming..
One white and one 12 grain..
Both no knead, of course..
They like to take a loaf home with them.. smile..
What are mamas for? Right?
So we had turkey and all the trimmings..
We just ate in the kitchen..
Very casual and fun..
Dustin does not live far from us so we see them quite a bit..
So nice on Friday night to have your family come for supper..
The two wee boys love cookies..
So I made a batch of
Great Gram Henry's Dent Cookies..
1 3/4 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. of baking soda in 1/2 cup of hot water..
Stir well and add 2 3/4 cups of flour..
Roll in balls and make a dent with your thumb..
Fill with homemade jam or jelly..
Sprinkle on some sugar if desired..
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes..
These are one Dustin's faves..
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends..
Looking forward to hearing from you...
God Bless...

0 Yorumlar