Here is a photograph of the farmer feeding the ram and his entourage of twenty ewes.
(so far nine of them have red bottoms!! will keep you posted on that.) You can see that we had quite a lot of snow last week - around eight inches in fact.
It has all disappeared now although the lane is very icy morning and evening.
This afternoon I went round my garden looking at the plants, many of them laying flat after the snow. But surprise! surprise! Here is a list of the flowers that are in bloom:-
Roses - 1 bud on Dark Lady, 2 fully out on Peace and several buds on Gertrude Jekyll.
Herbaceous geraniums - eight buds just bursting into flower on Dalmaticum.
Helebores - Christmas roses in bud; argutifolius in full flower.
Cyclamen - very tattered little clump of cyclamen coum.
Winter jasmine - of course.
Aubretia - one or two purple flowers here and there.
Perennial alyssum - two sprigs of rather battered bright yellow flowers.
Winter viburnum - plenty of buds ready to burst.
As I predicted all the holly berries have gone to redwings (you can still see the berries on my header - I would love to get it in a narrow strip across the top of my blog but I cannot see how to do it. Anybody out there to help???)
Cotoneaster horizontalis - still covered in tiny bead-like berries.
Isn't nature wonderful!!

0 Yorumlar