Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Finished Clapo-Ktus

I have finished my Clapo-Ktus and I have to tell you I am thrilled.   Want to take a peek with me?


Clapo-Ktus is an amazing shawl by Loredana Gianterri.  It involves voluntarily dropping stitches to make the intended design.  There is something so entertaining about intentionally dropping a stitch, and watching it unravel all the way to the beginning of the row.  There are so many times in knitting that you unintentionally drop a stitch, and that can make you crazy, so this is really fun.

This shawl is knit side to side, from one point of the shawl to the other.  And what is unique with this design is you weigh your yarn in the beginning of the project, keep weighing until you are just under half the original weight, and then start decreasing.  So really you can do this with just about any amount of yarn, the less the yardage, the smaller the shawl/scarf, the more yardage the wider and bigger the shawl/scarf.


I used Blue Heron Yarns, Soft Twist Rayon in the color Kelp.  I think I used about 480 yards for this project, on size 6 needles.  I have had this yarn for years and years.  I absolutely love the colors, subtle purples, greens and browns.  I once started a lace shawl with this yarn, but quickly decided it was not to be, so it has been waiting for the perfect project for a long time.


I did get confused at the halfway point because I knew the decrease edge was not going to look the same as the increase edge.  You see I think it looks great that way because it adds a design element, but I just could not make it that way.  I decided to make an edge on my own so it would look similar to the increase edge, which is made of yarn overs and 3 knits or purls depending on the side you are working on.  I think it turned out just fine, and because I am a bit whacky about symmetry, both edges look remarkably similar, not perfect but good enough.


This is a gift for my friend Wendy who wined us and dined us,when we went to Kansas City for the weekend a few weeks ago.  She was the perfect hostess.  I have to say I am sad to see it go, Caroline the dress form was feeling very stylish with it wrapped around her.  So you can imagine what I am doing for my next project, yup, another Clapo-Ktus, for another friend.

That puts me at 10,980 yards of yarn used this year.  Do you think I have a yarn problem?  If I do I am not sure I want any help!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar