Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Austrian IR#43 in 18mm AB

Having proclaimed that 2016 would see more painting effort focused on 15/18mm in general and the 1799 and 1859 projects in particular, off the painting desk are two battalions of Austrian (German) fusiliers for the 1799 project. 
While all of the other painted Austrians for the project are, thus far, wearing the pre-regulation 1798 casquet as headgear, IR43 is fielded in the post-1798 helmet.  The 1798 helmet likely was not introduced in a timely fashion so having most of the Austrian regiments donning the casquet into 1800 (or even later) seems a plausible decision to me.
Following IR43 is another two battalion Austrian regiment for the 1799 project.  With the next regiment in the queue, I return to casquet-wearing, German fusiliers.  In queue are a few artillery pieces to provide a bit of punch to the Austrians and Russians.  As I dig through The Lead Pile, I see that more artillery for all combatants is needed.  Of course, I could press existing artillery from the main Napoleonic collection into service for this project but I have decided to field era specific crew rather that using figures from the later periods.  Since the 1809 Austrian artillerymen are wearing bicorne, they could be easily pressed into service if needed.  For now, my goal is to supply separate artillery but I may change my mind.  More attention is needed on fielding cavalry too.  
With focus and energy returning to this project, time to begin pouring over OBs for a few of the 1799/1800 battles.  Which battle to address first?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar