Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And even more 15mm castle progress...

My 3D printer has been working overtime cranking out walls, towers and trebuchets for future siege games. My long-running fantasy campaign is entering a phase that is likely to see some sieges soon, so I'm trying to print out a lot of components that I might need for maximum flexibility. I also did some crafting of pieces with my foam cutter and combined them with 3D printed parts. Here are some random shots of things.

One version of the gatehouse - the upper middle part is crafted from foam as in the hoarding to the left - everything else is a 3D print. 

Another shot of the gate.

And one without the flanking towers.

I pulled out my Zvezda 1/72 castle to see how the parts would match up with my 3D prints -- and the answer is quite well. Now I have even more options, as I have quite a few pieces as I have two sets worth of Zvezda parts. The Zvezda tower and walls are seen here with some 3D printed walls to the right (they don't have their roofs yet -that's what all the posts are for). 

Another shot - it's not perfect, but good enough for gaming. 

Trebuchet pre-priming. 

A shot of both. The arms actually swing. The giant tower hoarding in the background is another foam construct with 3D printed roof and shutters. Note the two different wall types on either side of the tower. The ones on the left are only one base wide and will have roofs. The ones on the right are two bases wide and are open - except when I add some homemade hoarding to them. 

The most likely siege scenario will be orcs vs. humans, as the orcs are overrunning the continent while the humans wasted a lot of energy fighting each other. Now I just need to figure out a system for buying castle components for the defender. I'll probably end up just randomizing the number of walls and towers with a minimum default.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar